Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ila bilad asy-Syams

07th April 2006

It has been more than 24 hours since I first stepped onto the Land of The Prophets. Subhanallah. I was exited but nervous. I’ve never travelled far without my beloved dad – I don’t travel often anyway. The three of us, Kak Maziah, Cik Nurul & I, arrived in Queen Alia International Airport at 4:30 a.m. on 7th April 2006 after a two-hour flight from KL (LCC-T : by Air Asia) to Bangkok and a 9-hour flight from Bangkok to Amman (flying with Royal Jordanian), with a 3-hour transit in Bangkok.

The other two sisters didn’t eat much or even had a good sleep in the plane. I, on the contrary, ate like I’ve not eaten for a day and slept as if I hadn’t slept enough for days. That’s the very thing I would do when I get bored and have nothing else to do. Paling hampehnye --- lepas makan mesti ngantuk ~ python mode ~ nobody should be shocked if I come back being over 50 kg okay! Hahaha!!!

Another reason that made me slept so deeply was the headache. Yea, I was tensed out the night before the flight when I realised that the travel agency issued the wrong Bangkok-Amman ticket, which could have given us the opportunity to experience a 27-hour transit in Bangkok. Thanks to a friend who questioned why would the flight take nearly 2 days… I took my calculator and calculated, and freaked out like hell when I realised the truth. I didn’t expect the ticket to be wrong, although I realised that the time printed on the ticket was a li’l bit weird. I freaked out coz Mom would kinda scold me of being CARELESS again,,, for more than a hundredth time. I prayed for tranquillity and asked Tikki (the anytime-friend @sister) whether I should wake her up at 1:30 in the morning. She said yes. Again I prayed for tranquillity. And alhamdulillah, after consulting her, she asked me to just go to bed and settle things first thing in the morning. What a great mother I have, subhanallah.

But I still freaked out with the idea that the other two sisters would be disappointed as I am the one who’s dealing with the tickets and organizing the whole trip. Ostad Azmil and Sharaf came in and gave wise ideas (it’ll be an adventure!) and that somehow calmed me down. Alhamdulillah things went on much better the next day. I called the travel agency and asked for a flight on the 6th instead of 7th and we confirmed 3 seats a couple of hours later. Drove with Abg Nahar to KL and got the new ticket, actually they just pasted a sticker, and corrected the return ticket to 12th June instead of 11th APRIL (another mistake).

No comments: