TIME is LIFE & ENERGY is GOLD

14 December 2006

Had a bad day today.
Walked far enough to make me pant and sweat under the 1 p.m. afternoon sun and the heat was terrible, only to find out that the person I was going to meet only wanted to give me three pieces of A4 papers – i.e. a set of proposal paper for the alumni AGM – instead of having lunch together as well as discussing about the proposal paper.

I was shocked, but didn’t comment much since she said she and a friend of ours have to rush, and I gave out a false statement: I have a class at two. It’s a lie, in other words. But I just wanted to make that person feel guilty for changing plans without prior notice. TIME is LIFE! And (physical and spiritual) ENERGY is GOLD. I took the paper, said that I’ll have a look at it and walked away.

I couldn’t help feeling upset because the worthless walk had made me very, very tired. I sms-ed to that person something like this: Tau tak kertas tiga helai ni boleh e-mail je.
“No internet connection,” said she, in this IIUM Gombak campus where you can find lots of free internet connection at various places. And then, “No time.”

As if I have 25 hours a day…

Well, she said sorry. That’s a good thing.
But it’s now 6 p.m. and I haven’t felt any better.

I write this because I don’t want any of you to do something like this to any of your friends!
Remember this:
TIME is LIFE!
And ENERGY is GOLD!
Use ‘em WISELY.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sis,
Sabar je la k..
Innallaha ma,assobirin..
Semoga gembira dan sihat selalu.

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe: Air-fried Keropok Lekor

right person at the wrong time

Happy Teachers Day!