Before we start, let me tell you that the original recipe came from David Lebovitz's Black-Bottom Cupcakes
Oh ya, I really don't know how to differentiate between cupcakes and muffins, so let's call them cupcakes AND muffins, okay?
Okay. Now... my Nutella 'supplier' from Singapore (a.k.a. Tc Sharifah Haslina in Adni) - because it's waaay cheaper over there - told me that Nutella cupcakes are reaaally nice! So finally I get to try bake some. And since I really love black-bottom cupcakes, I decided to combine both recipes.
The recipe below prepares a dozen (12) cupcakes
227g of Cream Cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup Nutella
60 g plain flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
2 tbsp Milk
A pinch of salt
Semi-sweet chocolate chip
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix all the Nutella Mix.
(tips: Mix the wet ingredients first, and then fold in flour mixture and mix until smooth)
4. In another large bowl, beat the Cheese Mix until fluffy.
5. Scoop Nutella Mix into muffin cups (half-full) and top it up with a tablespoon of Cheese Mix.
6. Top it with hazelnuts / chocolate chips.
7. Bake muffins for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Oh, just in case you don't have any Nutella in hand, you can always go back to the original recipe using chocolate :) Here's the mix:
1 ½ cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
5 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup boiling water